Мир Скользящих

этот форум посвящен сериалу \"Скользящие\" (Sliders)
Текущее время: 14-05, 14:41

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа

Автор Сообщение
 Заголовок сообщения: Second Chances
СообщениеДобавлено: 29-06, 18:37 

When Wade meets a blast from the past, she's given a second chance. Will she take it?

Sitting on the window shill Wade looked out at the city scene. The busy hustle and bustle of San Francisco night life played out before her. She'd gone to bed early hoping to slip away from the 'lovebirds' down stairs. It hurt her seeing Quinn drool over Maggie like a hormonal schoolboy who had just discovered sex, and seeing the delight it gave Maggie made it even worse.

Usually she had Remmie. When Quinn and Maggie got 'heated' she and Remmie slipped off to the bar, but tonight Remmie was out on a date with Madison a pretty barmaid he'd met in the hotel, so she was all on her lonesome.

Her thoughts were broken by the sound of laughter at the door and she darted for the bed. When Quinn opened the door she was under the covers and appeared to be asleep. Maggie giggled softly as Quinn pulled her close.

"Shhh," he whispered "Wade's asleep,"

"Mmmh," she pulled him closer "How quiet do you think we can be,"

His eyes widened and large smirk spread across his face. "Very. Why? What you have in mind?"

She smiled up at him "Something Wade would defiantly not want to hear,"

"Come on," he yelled grabbing her hand making her squeal as he pulled her towards the other bedroom, oblivious to Wade crying quietly under the sheets.

Quinn woke in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, quietly he untangled himself from Maggie's embrace and made his way through Wade and Remmie's room, noticing that neither of them were in there. The clock on the bed side table red 3:15. 'Where are they?' he thought. "Probably in the bar," he told himself and made his way to the bathroom.

"Hey Qball," Remmie called walking through the door with a big smile on his face at 10:30 that morning. Quinn smiled up at him from the breakfast table.

"Hey Rem, good night?"

"Fantastic," he said picking up a piece of toast from Quinn's plate and taking a bit. "Where's the girls?"

"Maggie's at the shops, and I thought that Wade was with you,"

"No man, I haven't seen her since last night,"

Quinn looked alarmed "I woke up in the middle of the night and neither of you were here, I assumed that you came back and the two of you went to a club,"

"I was out with Madison last night remember, it's wasn't the sort of thing I'd invite Wade along to!" he told him with a self satisfying grin.

"Then where is she Remmie?" he asked his face growing concerned.

When Wade woke late that day, she thought she was still dreaming! Lying behind her with his naked body entwined with hers lay Quinn Mallory. Turning to face him she was greeted with a series of soft moist kisses that made their way down her neck to her shoulder.

The events of the previous evening had seemed very surreal and she had gotten her fair share of surprises that night!

"Has anyone ever told you how beautiful you are?"

Blushing she looked into those beautiful blues and grinned "You. A very long time ago."

The previous night had taken a turn for the unexpected. After encountering part of Quinn and Maggie the 'live performance!' Wade had had enough and slipped out of their room and made her way down to the lamplighter. Sitting at the bar the last thing she expected was for Quinn Mallory to come over and start chatting her up.

"Hi, Can I buy you a drink?" Quinn asked her as he approached.

Wade stared at him. I've just left him back at the Chandler doing the horizontal foxtrot with Maggie, she thought to herself.

"Sorry, I haven't introduced myself. I'm Quinn,"

Of course! He's a double, Quinn's double and one that wants to buy me a drink.

"I'm Wade," she smiled sweetly at him.

"So," he continued "Can I buy you that drink?"

"Sure,"

"So Wade," he spoke, waving at the bartender to get his attention. "What's a girl as pretty as you doing sitting in a bar alone at four in the morning, wont your boyfriend be worrying? A beer and...,"

"..Vodka and coke please," Wade finished "I haven't got a boyfriend to worry about me,"

"Lucky for me then!" he shot her a cheeky smile.

This was unreal. Quinn Mallory was chatting her up, Wade Welles. You know the girl that he wouldn't get involved with because 'were buds right. That would be like incest'.

But this wasn't her Quinn, sure he looked the same, same sweet smile, same baby blues that you wouldn't mind drowning in and the same gorgeous toned body that any girl would die for a piece of! But this Quinn was different; the confidence that he possessed when coming over to her was something that her Quinn could by no means fathom. Her Quinn would never be this comfortable around women, he would never be able to talk so freely and openly as the one sitting next to her.

They talked well into the morning, about everything really, their lives, loves, hopes and dreams. This Quinn was also a slider, Wade had found this out after three or four vodkas, she had also found out that this Quinn only had one companion on his travels and that was a Maximillion Arturo a retired Physics Professor at C.U. When Wade was told this her stomach leaped into her throat and she told him the story of her Professor and why he wasn't with her anymore. As dawn approached Quinn and Wade walked back to his hotel room, and now here they were late afternoon only just waking up.

"I can't believe you're the same one," she giggled "The same Quinn that kissed me all those years ago at Dopplers,"

He grinned "I'm glad I left such a lasting impression!"

"That you did!" she grinned kissing him passionately "But why?"

"Why, what?"

"Why did you kiss me all those years ago,"

He laughed lightly "You have to ask after what we've been doing all morning," he raised his eyebrows.

"No," she giggled "I suppose not,"

"I better be going," she added softly.

He kissed her forehead "I wish you didn't,"

"Me too. But I've been out all day, my friends will be getting worried... well Remmie will be anyway,"

"Where the bloody hell have you been?"

This is what greeted Wade as she walked through the door of her hotel room. Eyeing Quinn with displeasure she felt anger rise within her.

"What's it got to do with you?"

His face fell and she could tell that he was hurt. Momentarily Wade regretted her attitude towards him. But then it dawned on her that it had nothing to do with him where and whom she had been with. He had given up that right along time ago. And for the past five months he had shown very little interest in her life or what was happening in it. In fact he had done his best to push her away, further and further until she didn't know the man standing before her now. The coldness and contempt that he seemed to show her was almost too much for her to bear, and the way he paraded his relationship with Maggie right in front of her face was slowly making Wade hate Quinn more and more everyday.

"I was worried about you. That is alright isn't it seeing that we are supposed to be friends,"

She gave a small cynical laugh "Yes Quinn, I suppose friends do look out for each other don't they!" and she made her way towards the bathroom.

"Where you going now?" he asked dumbfounded over the hidden meaning of her last comment.

"If it's alright with you I was going to take a shower, I've been up most of the day, not to mention last night and I'm worn out!" she shot back hoping that he'd read more into that than expected.

Wade stood in the shower letting the warm water fall upon her from above, she ran her hands back through her hair enjoying the feel of it beating down on her face. Everything was such a mess. She didn't know what to do. The water allowed her tears to run in abundance as she slid down the cubical wall and began to sob freely.

Part of her was happy, Quinn was finally hers and the last few hours had been some of the happiest and romantic she had had in a long time. But the fact that it wasn't her Quinn, added certain sadness to her joy. Yes in some ways she had to admit that finding a Quinn that had feelings for her made her more content than she thought she could ever be, but if it could only be the Quinn that she had fallen in love with, then things would have been perfect.

She stepped out of the bathroom to find Remmie sitting upon her bed watching an episode of Charmed on the TV. "Hey sweetheart, how you doin'?"

"Fine," she answered rubbing a towel through her hair. "What you watching Rem?"

"That documentary about those three witches, you know that pretty one who dated Marilyn Mason's one of them,"

"Any good?"

"It's ok," he picked up the remote and switched the telly off. Sitting up he then asked her "So what happened last night?"

"What you mean?" she answered innocently

"Don't go looking at me like that. I know you too well girl,"

A smile began to play on her lips. "Looking at you like what Rem?"

"Like 'I have no idea what your talking about Remmie. I'm really just sweet and innocent," he answered in an over girly mocking accent.

Sighing loudly she sat beside him on the bed. "Well after you left for your date with Madison, I decided that I would try and make an effort accepting Quinn and Maggie's relationship," He smiled proudly at her.

"So when they asked me to go down to the bar with them I did. However there's only so long that you can play gooseberry for, so I slipped up back to the room telling Maggie that I didn't feel very well. I was lying awake in bed when they came back drunk and frisky...," she looked down at him, giving him a rough idea of what was coming next.

"They went to bed, but I could hear them," she whispered the pain playing in her voice. Remmie squeezed her hand knowing how hard it was for her seeing the two of them together. "Anyway," she continued "I couldn't take listening to them any more so I shuck off to the lamplighter,"

"That was well over twelve hours ago," he frowned at her "What have you been doing. Don't tell me you've been there all this time,"

"No," that small smile played on her lips once more "Remmie, last night I met someone,"

"Met someone!" he repeated "Who?"

"Oh no one you know," she answered casually.

She got off the bed and went over to the dresser and began brushing her short red hair. "Were you with that guy since last night?"

"Pretty much,"

He looked at her with both concern and disappointment.

"What," she snapped.

"Nothing sweetheart,"

"Don't give me that Rembrandt. I know when you're disappointed with me,"

"I'm not disappointed honey," he moved to stand beside her taking her hands in hers. "I'm just worried about you,"

"Remmie you and Quinn have gone out many times and met someone, I go back with one guy for the first time ever! And I'm penalised for it,"

"I'm not judging you honey, but.. but this is so out of character for you," she went to speak but he stopped her "Your going through so much at the moment, what with the Professor.. And now..."

"...now Quinn and Maggie are together. It's alright, you can say it,"

"You're vulnerable at moment and I don't want you taken advantage of. I care too much about you,"

"I know you do," she answered earnestly "And I appreciate it. I do, but you have to let me get through this the best way I can,"

He kissed her forehead "I'm sorry sweetheart, I'm here if you need me,"

"Thanks,"

"So what was this guy like?"

"Oh nothing special," she grinned to herself sweetly.

"So you married your Wade,"

"Yeah, we were married for just over 18 months,"

Wade had met up with the other Quinn at the park. He told her that he had a surprise for her and had brought lunch with him. The sun was beating down on them and the light wind was blowing her hair across her face. Tucking it behind her ears she asked "So how come she didn't go sliding with you?"

"She wanted us to start a family, I wasn't ready. I needed more," he sighed softly "Well that's what I thought anyway,"

She touched his shoulder gently "You regret it,"

"Yeah, very much so. The biggest mistake I made was letting her go. I was so angry with her though. She gave me an ultimatum and I made the wrong decision,"

"I know what you mean, I wish I'd told my Quinn how I felt back when we were at Dopplers. I mean he was the only one there who didn't know how I felt," she laughed lightly at the memory of trying to pluck up the courage to ask him out on a date.

"You love him?" he asked

"You love her?" she responded

"I don't know if I do anymore, I miss her I know that,"

"Was i..." She sighed heavily not knowing if she really wanted to ask the question "Was I just a replacement for her last night?"

"Well was I for him?"

"No," he gave her an unconvinced look "God No! Quinn," she put her hand to his face caressing his cheek softly "We talked way through the night, about things I've never thought of talking to Quinn or Remmie about," she looked hurt, really hurt. "I thought you and I connected,"

"We did," he took her hand away from his cheek and held it in with his. "Wade the other night was special, really special," he kissed her fingers "I can't remember the last night I had that was that perfect,"

"So," she grinned wrapping her arms around his neck and pulling him closer "We both agree that were doing this for the right reasons then,"

"Yep," he answered softly pushing her down onto the blanket and lying his head down softly on her stomach before closing his eyes feeling the soft vibrations of her breathing.

"So who's this guy Wade's seeing Rem?" Maggie asked with some interest.

"Beats me! She not giving much away even to me,"

"Must be pretty special if she's keeping him under wraps,"

"Maybe, all I know is she's happy,"

Quinn made his way over to the booth that Maggie and Remmie were sitting at, and caught the end of their conversation. "Whose happy?" he asked taking a sip from Maggie's coke.

"Wade,"

"Why?"

"Because of her new fella,"

"What fella," he asked concerned. He knew he shouldn't, but he couldn't help but feel a touch of jealousy stir within him. He had no right he knew that but after being the only man in Wade's affections for so long, it cut deep that he had been so easily replaced.

"Don't really know much about him to tell you the truth Qball,"

"Excuse me," Maggie got up and slid past Quinn making her way towards the bathroom. After she was out of ear shot, Quinn asked "She's seeing some guy and we know nothing about him,"

"Well, it's not like we don't know nothing,"

"Really. So what's he look like,"

"I don't know,"

"Well is he from San Francisco?"

"I don't know,"

Quinn sighed "Well at least tell me you know his name?"

Remmie paused "Well I..."

"...don't know," Quinn finished for him. Remmie nodded.

"You sure she's seeing someone? I mean none of us have seen him,"

"You think she's making it all up?"

"I don't know. It's just we haven't seen him Remmie! Maybe she dating Mr Invisible,"

"Yeah whatever Qball," he answered shaking his head.

"I'm serious Rem,"

"And Wade gave herself that monster of a love bite on her neck, or maybe it was the invisible man!"

"Well I'm worried about her Cryin Man,"

"She's a big girl Quinn, she can look after herself,"

"Yes, but..."

"But what Quinn?"

"We don't know anything about him, he.. he could be a serial killer!"

"As if Qball,"

"I'm serious, I think..."

"You know what I think?" he said interrupting him "I think for someone who has no romantic desires for this women you are very interested in her love life,"

"Remmie she's my friend,"

"She's my friend too man, but I'm not obsessing over the guy she's dating like a jealous lover,"

"It's not like that anymore. It's just she's my best friend and she doesn't talk to me like she used to," he answered glumly.

"Sorry Qball, but I can't really blame her!"

"Why?" he asked defensively.

"Because the nature of your relationship has changed,"

"Why! how?"

"Geez Quinn, for a smart guy you can be very oblivious sometimes," Quinn still didn't get it "Wade's been the only girl in your life for three years, then all of a sudden Maggie joins us and Wade has to share you! Of course things are gonna change between you. And now you and Maggie are dating it complicates things even more,"

"Why should it?"

"Because Maggie gets to have a part of you Wade doesn't!"

"What you saying. Wade wants to sleep with me?"

"No! I don't know. I've never asked her," Remmie shook his head knowing the full extent of Wade's feelings for Quinn. He wanted to tell him but he had promised to keep quiet. "All I'm saying is the reason Wade maybe so distant from you is because Maggie gets to share something with you that she doesn't and in some ways that makes Maggie a bigger part of your life than her,"

Rembrandt knew he'd given him a lot to think about, he only hoped that he could work things out with Wade and salvage something left from their relationship before it was too late.

"I've got a surprise for you," Quinn's double said giving Wade a cheeky grin.

"What?" she asked pulling herself up the bed to straddle his hips.

"The Professor wants to meet you,"

Her smile faded into something serious and she pulled herself off him and sat down next to him. "You ok?" he asked

"I'm fine, it's just... I never thought I'd see him again, you know,"

"I'm sorry," he apologized kissing her fingers that were laced in his hand "I didn't mean to upset you,"

"You haven't," she assured him "I fact you're the only thing that makes me happy at the moment,"

"You don't have to meet him if you don't want to,"

"No, I want to," she smiled up at him "Thank you for giving me this,"

Wade sat at the dressing table in her hotel room brushing short red hair when Quinn came in behind her. She was so engrossed in thought she didn't notice him putting his hand on her shoulder, making her jump.

"Geez Quinn, don't sneak up on people like that,"

"I did call out to you, but you seemed on another planet," he gave her a concerned look. "What's wrong?"

Wade had to admit that with two Quinn's in her life at the moment, things were getting confusing. She found herself opening up to one Quinn then having to go back to the other and hide her feelings from the other. She couldn't tell him any of this and she defiantly wouldn't admit to falling for his double, she hadn't even told Remmie about that. And now there was the small matter of the Professor, was she really ready to meet his double? 'God Wade' she thought to herself 'Why's your life so complicated,'

"Nothing," she said finally answering. She got up to walk past him but he stopped her.

"Please Wade," he implored "Don't push me out,"

"Why not?" she asked looking deep into his eyes "You've been pushing me out for months," he could see the hurt in her eyes.

He took her face in his hands and kissed her forehead softly. Wade felt herself tingling all over at his gentle caress and pulled out of it.

"Wade,"

"It's nothing," she repeated softly trying to struggle back the tears, but losing the battle. "It's just I..." She sat down on the bed and began to sob uncontrollably.

Quinn went to her and pulled her into a tight embrace. 'Oh god' she thought 'How I've missed him holding me. Feeling him close to me. But I can't tell him, I can't tell him how much it hurts. I don't know what I want. I don't know who I want, him or his double?'

She looked up at him through watery eyes and smiled uneasily "Quinn if you were given a second chance at something, would you take it?"

He looked at her cautiously "Depended on what it was, why?"

She shook her head dismissing it "Doesn't matter,"

"Yes it does," he put his hand on her knee. "Second chance at what?"

"I don't know... second chance to put things right...say goodbye...be happy!"

He didn't know what to say, he figured that whatever he did, in someway it would be that wrong advice. When he didn't answer she figured it was time to leave the subject alone and made her way to the bathroom to finish getting dressed.

"Wade," the soft desperation in his voice stopped her and she turned to him "Am I gonna lose you?"

She sighed heavily "No Quinn, only if you miss place me!"

"Wade Welles meet Max Arturo,"

The Professor took Wade's hand and softly kissed it. "Nice to meet you Miss Welles,"

"You too Professor," she grinned

"Call me Max dear, A Professor I am no longer,"

"Ok Max,"

"So where are you taking the two of us Mr Mallory?"

"I though dinner at Halles, if there's no objections?"

"Sounds good too me," Wade answered.

"Shall we," Arturo said taking Wade's arm as she smiled back at Quinn "Mr Mallory's a very lucky man if I may say so, If I were twenty years younger I'd give him a run for his money,"

"Would you now Max." Quinn answered sceptically as he followed them out of his room.

They talked for hours and by the end of it, it felt as though they had known each other for years. Wade knew that he just like her, had known each other's double. However this Arturo was very flirtatious. Not in a slimy 'dirty old man' way, but more in a 'charming gentleman' sort of way. It was strange for her to experience this side of the Professor, he had always been like a surrogate father figure to her and she knew he had always looked on her as a daughter. From the way this Arturo acted she realised that he did not have the same sort of relationship with his worlds Wade.

"I think it's about time I left you two kids alone," Arturo said after finishing his dinner.

"Must you?" Wade asked a little disappointed. She'd only had a couple of hours with him, "I was hoping we'd spend longer together,"

"And we will Miss Welles. Mr Mallory and I don't slide for another couple of days," he took her hand and kissed it softly "It has been a pleasure. Have fun you two,"

He left the table and made his way out of the restaurant, oblivious to the man at the bar staring in disbelief at him.

"Remmie honey, what is it? You look like you've just seen a ghost!"

"I...I think I might have!"

Remmie stared on in disbelief. 'This is unreal,' he told himself. 'The Professor, Quinn and Wade sitting down for dinner in front of his eyes,'

At first he thought he was seeing things, but their they were, another Quinn, another Professor and another... Wade. But not another Wade, his Wade. He knew that for certain, because he'd seen her before she'd gone out and she was wearing the exact same clothing. What the hell was she doing out with their doubles. What about their agreement of no involvement. But here she was in front of him kissing Quinn's double.

Remmie turned to Madison "Come on honey lets get out of here, I've lost my appetite. He grabbed her hand and led her out the door, unbeknown to Wade sitting at the table reeling from her own shock.

She was struck silent by his request, he took her hand in his and softly kissed her fingers. "Please Wade, will you think about it?"

When Wade got back to her hotel room she thought that everyone would be asleep, it was well after midnight and she hadn't seen any of them in the bar. She'd been down there for about an hour just thinking. Quinn had walked her back from the restaurant and they had decided to call it an early night. She had promised to meet him tomorrow lunchtime at the lamplighter. Right now however she had a lot of thinking to do, so she figured she'd come up to bed and resist the temptation to get wasted.

The first thing she was greeted with when she opened the door was a concerned and not very overly impressed Rembrandt. "Jesus," she jumped "What you doin sittin on the bed staring at the door at this time in the morning?"

"Waiting for you," he informed her "Sweetheart we need to talk,"

"Can't it wait till the morning Rem, I'm beat," she yawned.

"No darlin, it can't," she detected his serious tone and it worried her. She sat down next to him "Remmie what is it? It's not Quinn or Maggie is it?"

"No," he assured her "It's you!"

"Me! What about me?"

"I saw you tonight at Halles,"

She remained silent. "I saw you with..."

She put her fingers to his lips to silence him "Please Remmie, don't say it,"

"The Professor,"

She closed her eyes briefly, she knew that he didn't approve. He had recently told her that although he missed the Professor, you had to go forward not back. "You can't get back what you've lost honey," his words broke her trail of thought.

"Why not?" she challenged him.

"Because their not part of your life. He's not our Professor and he's not our Qu...,"

She put her hand on his mouth again, only this time firmer "Remmie please," she implored him not to go on.

"I saw you two, after the Professor had gone, I saw..." he trailed off knowing he didn't have to finish for her to understand.

"He's asked me to slide with him on Saturday,"

"What," Remmie was astounded "Wade, don't tell me your seriously... you are aren't you?" she didn't answer him. "Wade you can not leave the group for them, for him," he said sharply, his voice raising by the second.

"Keep your voice down," she scolded him "You'll wake the others,"

"And what do you think Qball's gonna say about this?" he asked already knowing the answer.

"Don't you dare go telling him. I mean it Rembrandt. I haven't said yes yet,"

"But your going to, aren't you?"

"I don't know yet, I..I told him I'd think about it...he needs me,"

"Our Quinn needs you," he whispered

"No he doesn't. We don't even know each other anymore Remmie, I can't take him pushing me away anymore. It hurts too much," she told him, her eyes filling with tears.

"What about me then," he knelt down on the floor and put his hands over hers "I need you,"

She smiled warmly at him "You could always come with me,"

"No sweetheart I couldn't,"

"Why?"

"Because I couldn't desert Quinn like that, what happens when he finally wakes up to Maggie, he'll need someone. It should really be you, you know, there for him," she had to smile, Remmie was still a believer that her and Quinn were meant to be, even long after she stopped. He continued "Besides I won't try to recapture something that is long dead, I'm sorry sweetheart but I can't,"

She sighed softly at him, wishing she could make him understand. "Well nothings definite yet, I haven't said yes," she got up and made her way over to her bed "I don't want Quinn or Maggie knowing, not until I've decided, ok!"

He nodded slowly praying that she would have the sense to make the right decision. As they both lay there in the dark trying to get to sleep, neither knew that Quinn was standing at his bedroom door and had heard most of the conversation.

"Right then I'm off to work," Maggie informed the group over breakfast. Getting up from the table she leant over to Quinn and kissed him ardently, Wade knew most of it was for her benefit, so she purposely didn't divert her eyes. She just watched on emotionless. Maggie still had issues with Wade and Quinn's relationship, She couldn't understand why though, Maggie was the one who had him, and the way it was going she was pushing Wade further and further away from him, until soon Wade wouldn't even be apart of his life anymore.

"I'll see you later baby," Maggie finished interrupting Wade's thoughts. "You coming Remmie?"

"Sure," he too got up from the table "See you two later," and the two of them headed out the door, leaving Wade and Quinn alone.

Wade remembered a time when the idea of being left alone with Quinn filled her with joy and excitement, now all she felt was awkward.

"Wade..Wade..Earth to Wade, Planet Earth calling Wade,"

"Mmmh, what? sorry,"

"I asked you what was wrong, you seem quiet of late. Thinkin of anyone special," he probed.

She blushed lightly, but hid it quickly with her smart remark "Yeah, I'm waiting for Jerry O'Connell, to come to his senses and take me from all this," she indicated at her surroundings.

He laughed lightly "Well until then you'll have to make do with me,"

She didn't answer, she just smiled sweetly. Quinn had missed that smile, he'd missed it a lot and he felt that familiar stirring within him.

"Lets do something today, just you and me,"

Wade wondered how she was going to get out of this one, she'd arranged to meet his double that lunchtime to talk. "Well ..I.. kind of have other arrangements,"

He took her hand in his "Please Wade, you and I haven't spent time alone together in a long time," he looked at her intently "I miss you,"

She smiled shyly at him, looking at him now she saw the old Quinn, her Quinn, not the one overtaken with revenge and self-pity. "Ok. I'll be back in a minute, then I'm all yours!"

"Where you going?" he inquired as she left the table.

"I'm going to go and cancel on Jerry! Can't keep him waiting now can I," she grinned and made her way out of the restaurant.

Quinn and Wade made their way through the arcade at Pleasureland. On this world San Francisco had the attraction of Pleasureland, it was like Disneyland, Universal Studios and a large sports arena rolled into one.

"Come on Quinn," Wade pleaded "Please take me on Massacre,"

Quinn groaned "Wade you know I hate roller coasters, they make me feel sick,"

"You'll slide between parallel words- -but you wont go on a stupid roller coaster," she frowned.

"Yep!"

"Sissy," she laughed, she turned away from him to observe her surroundings and saw a man selling tickets for a hockey game. A huge grin filled her face. "Look!" she pointed over to him.

Quinn grinned at her and pulled her towards the arena. "Come on! Never did get to see that hockey game, did we,"

"No. And I had to work damn hard to get those tickets!"

He eyed her suspiciously "What do you mean?"

"What. You think Andy would have given me them for free?"

"What you do?"

She raised her brow and gave him an impish grin. "Nothing I haven't done before,"

Quinn laughed, "Never tell me!"

Wade felt content. For the first time in a long while she felt comfortable in Quinn's company. They'd had a really good day, it was the first time she and Quinn had spent any real time together since the professor had died and Maggie had joined them. Of late Wade had felt uncomfortable around him, he wasn't her Quinn anymore, she didn't feel like she knew this man anymore. The kind, wonderful, beautiful man she had fallen in love with seemed so out of reach nowadays. But this gave her hope. He was still there, still reachable. Maybe he was worth staying around for, she thought. Maybe he was worth fighting for. She grinned broadly to herself.

Quinn noticed her smiling. "What you smiling at?"

"Nothing. Just happy," she grinned.

"Good," he wrapped his arm around her shoulder and smiled down at her "It's good to see you smile again,"

When they got back to the hotel Quinn told Wade he wanted to check if the other's were back, so he'd meet her in the bar after he'd been up to the room.

She sat at one of the tables waiting for him when one of the reception staff came over to her. "Miss Welles, there's a call at reception for you,"

Wade made her way over to the desk and took the phone. "Wade Welles," she answered intrigued in who the call was from.

"Hello stranger," the voice on the other end called.

"Quinn," she smiled

"Oh, so you do remember me then," he joked "I mean I thought I might of scared you off at the restaurant last night,"

"I'm sorry but I really needed time to think...This is a big decision for me,...No Quinn I'm not saying I'm not going,...," she sighed loudly she hated arguing with him, either of him! "...It's kind of hard saying goodbye to people you've spent the last four years with,"

"Wade we leave at 8am tomorrow morning. If your coming with me meet me in the park at quarter to...," his voice began to falter on the other end of the phone. "...And Wade..., I love you!"

Wade smiled as her eyes began to well up "I love you too," she hung up the phone and thought to herself out loud 'But which one?'

She got sick of waiting for Quinn so decided to head back up to the room, as she opened the door she could hear screaming from Quinn's bedroom. She listened carefully as she heard Maggie yelling at him.

"You're sleeping with her aren't?"

"Don't be so bloody stupid," Quinn shrieked back at her. He couldn'tbelieve this. All he'd done was spend the day with his best friend and now he was being accused of cheating.

"Look me in the eyes and tell me you haven't slept with Wade," Maggie screamed irrationally.

Wade listened intently. She had to smile to herself; there was a certain personal satisfaction knowing that she could make Maggie insanely jealous.

"You're being ridiculous. This is me and Wade your talking about,"

"You've never once thought about it?" she starred intently "I want the truth Quinn,"

Quinn pondered the question she wanted the truth to. What was he supposed to say? Yes Maggie, if you want the truth of course I've thought about her like that, many a time I've wanted to rip her clothes off and make love to her right where she stood. That for the longest time all I could think of was her and that even now the thought of losing her to this other guy is killing me. However he knew that admitting this would only make things worse, so he lied.

"No honey, I've never thought of being with Wade like that. It's you I love, not her,"

Wade was crushed. She had heard the whole thing and now she felt sick. Her head was spinning, she felt like she couldn't breath, she could feel her heart breaking and the pain was unbearable. Dazed she quickly made her way out of the room and sunk down the outside of the door. She felt numb inside. For four years she'd held onto the hope that one day Quinn would admit to wanting more from their relationship, wanted her. But now, now she knew the truth. She had nothing to cling to, no one to turn to. Sniffling she wiped her tears with the back of her sleeve and made her way own to the lift. She needed time alone, time to think.

"3...2...1," Quinn activated the timer as it hit zero. Wade had never seen the vortex so beautiful and alluring before. She had never seen a vortex such an emerald green colour before. It was mesmerising. A large smile appeared upon her lips and Quinn put his arm around her shoulder. "You ok?"

"Yeah! I'm looking forward to the future," she told him. He pulled her into a passionate kiss. "Come along Mr Mallory, Miss Welles. Carry on like that and we'll miss the slide!"

Wade had to smile. She had missed the Professor. But now she had him back, she had Quinn back. And it felt great, really great. And as she jumped into the vortex after them the only thing she regretted was leaving Remmie.

"Hey Rem, what you got there?" Quinn asked glancing at the paper in his shaky hand.

Tears filled Remmie's eyes and he handed Quinn the letter "Read that!"

Dear Remmie,

Please don't hate me; this is the hardest thing I've ever had to do. I finally made my decision and I know that you're not going to like it. I'm leaving this morning with Quinn and Arturo and I would give anything to say goodbye but I can't.

You told me that I couldn't recapture what I'd already lost, and you were right. I can't make Quinn feel for me the way I feel for him and I'm tired of trying. I'll always love him, please let him know that, but I can't sit back and watch him with another women, it's more than I can bear.

I know that you think that I'm replacing him with his double and maybe you're right, but I need to be loved and I need to be happy. I deserve that!

I love you Remmie, more than you'll ever know. And I hope that one day you'll be able to forgive me, because I never meant to hurt you.

I want you and Quinn to look after each other and be happy Remmie.

All my love

Your Wade

xxxxx

Authors note: I decided to end the story like this because I believe that this would have been a more fitting and pleasant means to write Wade out of the series than sticking her in a god awful breeding camp. Call me 'sad' if you like but I always wanted her to end up with Quinn.

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 29-06, 20:47 
Site Admin

А-а-а, читала на fanfiction.net. Скинь тогда и сиквел Third times lucky вроде бы называется.

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 29-06, 22:15 

Я этот тоже читала, давно правда, щас вот хочу рифреш май мемори, что называется.
Но помню, что он меня впечатлил.
Если найду этот фик, о котором ты говоришь, обязательно выложу.

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 30-06, 10:00 

Перечитала наконец.
Ну что ж, мне такой конец больше нравится. Квинн всегда будет любить Уэйд одной любовью - сопернической. В смысле, как только около нее появляется кавалер, он мигом начинает перетягивать одеяло на себя, тем самым ставя Уэйд на рапутье.
И выбор постоянно делается в его пользу, только от этого девушке не легче.
Слова Ремми про то, что Квинн нуждается в ней так свойственны этому персонажу, но, блин, это так Квинноцентрично!
Почему она должна собой жертвовать, ничего не получая взамен?

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 30-06, 12:54 
Site Admin

Не должна, конечно. Вот она и не пожертвовала. Другое дело, конечно, что того Квина она тоже плохо знала. Если он не поладил со своей женой, двойником Уэйд, у нее не было гарантии, что он поладит с ней - при долгом скольжении. Так что Уэйд шла на риск, от отчаяния, но на риск. И правильно ей сказал Ремми, что она пытается вернуть прошлое в лице Профессора и того Квина, который относился к ней лучше. А прошлое вернуть невозможно. Потому, думаю, результат этой авантюры Уэйд в сиквеле имел очень закономерный конец.

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 30-06, 18:35 

Цитата:
Потому, думаю, результат этой авантюры Уэйд в сиквеле имел очень закономерный конец.

В каком сиквеле? Есть продолжение этой истории?
Цитата:
у нее не было гарантии, что он поладит с ней

Но она расценила так - лучше синица в руках, чем журавель в небе.
Смысл скользить с Квинном (родным) только для того, чтобы быть рядом и ждать - авось он снизойдет до меня.
Нет, пусть его двойник, но он повернулся к ней, раскрыл сои объятья и она ответила взаимностью.

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 02-07, 15:40 
Site Admin

Цитата:
В каком сиквеле? Есть продолжение этой истории?

Ну да! Там же, на fanfiction.net, где ты и первую часть нашла. Неужто не заметила?

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2161138/1/Third_Time_Lucky

Цитата:
Нет, пусть его двойник, но он повернулся к ней, раскрыл сои объятья и она ответила взаимностью.

Ага, увидишь, какие он объятия ей раскроет, когда она "залетит" от него и пойдет дело о серьезных вещах. Для того, чтоб переспать вместе, не надо много ума, а вот когда нужно отвечать за что-то - тут вся поднаготная человека и раскрывается.

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 02-07, 17:26 

Ого! Выкладываю тут продолжение, мне самой будет интересно почитать!

Third Time Lucky

Quinn remembered a time when Sliding had filled him with excitement and adventure. How all it filled him with was fear and regret!

He had been happy at the start of his adventure. Yes of course he had missed his mother and with every passing day, did so more. But at the beginning he had had the rest of his 'family' around him. Now all he had was Rembrandt. Although none of his companions had been of the same blood, they had meant as much to him as his birth family, maybe even more now, because they had shared this whirlwind ride with him. Through the highs and the lows!

But he seemed to be losing them one by one. First he had lost the Professor. And he had felt like he had lost his father all over again. He had admired him since that day he had walked into that first Physics class, back at Uni. The man had such a thirst for the same subject as Quinn that he knew that he would learn a great deal from his teacher. And that he did.

When he had taken the bullet for him, something had died inside Quinn. He wasn't quite sure what, but something had made Quinn Mallory become harder. He knew it was probably guilt for dragging the Professor into all this mess, as well as the thirst he had gotten for revenge over Rickman. This was one of the things that had pulled him and Wade apart.

Wade! Her departure had hit him the hardest. The pain and guilt he felt over losing her was more than he could bear. He had pushed her away. Pushed her away when she had needed him the most and that he had to live with for the rest of his life. He didn't know what was more ironic, losing her by pushing her away out of fear of losing her, or losing her to himself!

She had of course left him for his double. The Quinn who had shown her how much he loved her. Something he hated himself for not doing. He knew that he had also lost her because of his relationship with Maggie. He had read the note Wade had left Remmie. It had said that she couldn't bear seeing him so in love with Maggie, and that's why she had left.

And now he had lost Maggie. Well not exactly lost. They had mutually agreed to part ways. After Wade had gone Quinn had realised that he had made the biggest mistake of his life, in not fighting for her. And he knew Maggie knew this too. They stayed together for another couple of months but it really put a strain on their relationship. Maggie resented Wade's hold over Quinn and how insanely in love with her he was, and Quinn had begun to resent that Maggie wasn't Wade.

He knew it wasn't her fault. It was his. He had picked the wrong one. He liked Maggie of course he did, and he valued her friendship, but he had come to realised that he didn't feel love for her, but more like a large case of lust. Wade was different. He now knew that with her it was love, pure love. He felt like such a bastard for it too, because deep in his heart he knew that with Maggie it had only ever been sex, where as with Wade he knew he would have been making love.

So Maggie had stayed on a world that wasn't that different from her own, she told him that he had to keep searching for Wade because love was worth fighting for. And that was what she was doing now; staying on a world with her late husbands double and Quinn wished her all the luck in the world.

She was right though he needed to find Wade; his Wade and fight for her.

Fight till he had nothing left in him.

Chapter Two

Wade Welles had been working in this dead end job in this run down diner on the rough side of town since Quinn Mallory had screwed up her life!

"Seems to be something you got quite good at," Wade mumbled to herself as she quickly cleared the plates from the table nearest the counter. "Hey sugar," a voice from behind her called. "Come over here would yah,"

Wade sighed! That was Kenny. He was a regular who had unfortunately taken quite a shine to her. Wade knew that it would probably take her at least five minutes to get his order out of him, while he tried his hand at his idea of wooing her, while all the time staring at her breasts.

"Yes Kenny, what can I get you?" She asked. She instantly regretted how she phrased that, knowing that Kenny was going to come out with some remark that she would find insulting.

She was right! "Well sugar lips what I really want from you I can't order in this diner," he grinned unattractively at her. "Or can I?" he asked trying fondle her bottom. Wade pulled away from him quickly. God! he made her skin crawl.

"Are you blind?" Wade asked him while pointing at her rather large and swelling stomach "I'm nearly eight months pregnant," she hissed unable to believe that he could even suggest such a thing.

"I don't mind," he answered unashamedly.

"Well I do," she snapped "Now what do you want to eat Kenny,"

"A piece of blueberry pie and a black coffee,"

Wade scribbled on her pad "With cream or custard?"

"I'll let you decide sweetheart,"

Wade froze. "Don't call me sweetheart!" she hissed and turned on her heal and walked away, leaving Kenny dumbfounded in wondering what he had done wrong now.

Wade's mind was elsewhere while she was sorting out Kenny's order. She knew she shouldn't of snapped at him, especially over something as silly as calling her sweetheart. But she didn't like anyone except Remmie calling her that.

God she missed Remmie and she missed Quinn, her Quinn anyway. Not the one that had landed her in this trouble anyway. When she had left the others to go off sliding with Quinn's double and the Professor, Wade knew that it would be tough at first. But she found herself missing them terribly, especially Quinn. His double had picked up on this and it had really affected their relationship greatly.

Then Wade had found out that she was pregnant. Quinn hadn't been very supportive at all; his idea of being there for her was to offer to pay for the abortion. Wade was appalled. This was their baby and he had wanted her to get rid of it. And she hated him for that. When she wouldn't agree, he dumped her on the next available world.

If she never saw Quinn Mallory again it would be too soon!

Chapter Three

Quinn hadn't told Remmie that he was trying to locate Wade. He didn't want to get his hopes up too much, when he himself wasn't sure he could do it. He sat at the dining table in their hotel room, tools in hand inspecting what he had done to reconfigure the timer.

"How you getting on there Qball?" Remmie inquired over Quinn's shoulder.

"Alright," he sighed "I'm just making some alterations that's all," he turned his attention back to the equipment in front of him.

"Nothing wrong is there?" Remmie asked concerned. The last thing they needed was the timer breaking down.

"No. It's just I'm…," he paused looking up at Remmie intently "I'm trying to locate Wade," he sighed loudly "I know I should leave well alone. She's happy. Happy sliding around the universe with my double," he finished bitterly.

"Qball…" Remmie began but Quinn stopped him

"Remmie I know I screwed up. Maybe too bad for me to ever come back from. But I've got to a least try fighting for her, haven't I. I mean I love her,"

Remmie grinned from ear to ear "Well it's about time you admitted it to yourself. I mean I knew, the Professor knew, Maggie knew, hell the only people who didn't was you and Wade," he paused briefly "So how do you intend to find her?"

"Simple," Quinn smiled holding the timer up in front of Rembrandts face "We'll track her,"

Wade pushed open the door to her apartment and flopped down on her bed. She was exhausted. 'Being on your feet all day while eight months pregnant can really take it out on you,' she thought.

She knew she couldn't carry on like this much longer, another couple of weeks and then she'd have to give up working. She knew it was going to be hard. Really hard in fact. She's been trying to save up what she could since finding out she was expecting, but it wasn't nearly enough of what she needed to survive.

And she was scared. Scared of the baby, scared of the pain, scared of being someone's mum. It frightened her that she was going to have someone so dependent on her, when at the moment she couldn't even look after herself.

Her biggest fear was being alone when it happened. She didn't have many friends. She got on all right with the girls she worked with, but she hadn't known any of them long enough to call on them when the time came.

Even after everything he'd done to her, all she wanted was Quinn. Right now she didn't care which one. Just one of them, to be there when she needed him. If she got her wish, she knew she'd choose her Quinn. The one she fell in love with all those years ago. The one that broke her heart the first time. But the last thing she wanted was for him to see her like this! So alone and vulnerable.

Although she didn't regret being with his double, she wished that she had handled things differently. She would have said goodbye to him, she wouldn't have taken the easy way out. But he had hurt her so much, that she could bear facing him. 'He and Maggie are probably laughing at me' she thought. How could she have been so stupid in thinking that he wanted more from her than just friendship.

But they had crossed over to something else once before, in his alternate basement. She had relived that night a hundred thousand times in her dreams, but there it was different. There the Professor hadn't interrupted them. There they had carried on. 'Maybe' Wade thought 'Just maybe they who have gotten together that night if they hadn't been interrupted. Maybe they still would be,'

"Well," she thought out loud "There's no point crying when there's nothing I can do about it, now is there," That didn't make it any easier though!

Quinn hit the ground with a thump! God he really did hate those landings. It didn't matter that he'd been sliding for nearly five years, this slide hurt just as much as the first one had.

But now he carried extra baggage! Not clothing, or equipment, or anything of practicality. This baggage was much heavier. It was guilt and frustration he carried. At the moment he felt it even more than usual, thanks mainly because of the last slide.

They had been trying to track Wade for months now and were getting nowhere fast. Quinn had reconfigured the timer to try and trace Wade's quantum signature, but up and till now they still hadn't had any luck.

The last place they'd slid to was near enough a carbon copy of home, the only major difference was America was part of the United States of Britain, the largest empire in that world. Home was still home though, San Francisco was still the same and his street was still the same, this home wasn't though. The Quinn Mallory of that earth didn't live there with his mother, he lived there with his wife Wade.

Seeing his and Wade's double so happy together cut deep. They were expecting their first child in a couple of weeks and it brought home how badly he had screwed up! He'd give anything to be in their position. He hoped that maybe one day he would be.

"How long we here Qball?" Remmie asked breaking his trail of thought.

"Four days," he informed him glancing at the timer. "If she's here, we better start looking,"

Chapter Four

The high-pitched screaming woke Wade from her sleep. "It's alright, I'm coming," she sighed sitting up in bed. She glanced down at the alarm clock that read 3.45.

Dragging herself out of bed she padded across the room over to the small cot on the other side. Picking up her son she cradled him in her arms. "Shh Quinny what's the matter?" she asked the tiny bundle in her arms. "Your not due for a feed, you had me up for that less than an hour ago. Your not wet, so you don't need changing," she told him checking his nappy. "So what's wrong huh?"

Wade made her way back over to her bed and sat down on it. She looked down at her son and smiled. He was the most perfect thing she had ever seen. It had been a tough time recently with the lead up to his birth, but in the end it had been worth it.

He looked like his father that was for sure. He had the same piercing blue eyes and Wade's heart was breaking at the thought that Quinn would never see his son. She had named him Quinn Rembrandt Maxamillion Welles. It was her only way of keeping hold of her past. The rest was gone.

Quinn had been searching the city for hours. There was no sign. As he walked along the pavement his mind wandered to Wade and where she was. He was starting to think he'd never find her.

He passed a small diner on his way back to the hotel. He didn't know why but something drew him back and he decided to go inside.

"Wade he's beautiful," Clarissa cooed holding the small bundle in her arms.

Wade beamed proudly "Yeah he is isn't he,"

"Hey," Marty called as he passed by "My diner is not a day-care nursery,"

Clarissa rolled her eyes. "Oh come on Marty, even you've got admit he's pretty cute,"

"He's a baby, there all supposed to be cute," he turned to Wade "Bring him back in sixteen years when he can wash dishes and wait tables,"

Wade laughed sarcastically " Yeah cause I'm gonna let my son work in a place like this, with a boss like you,"

"If you want your job back after the maternity leave, you'll change the attitude, and you…" he pointed at Clarissa "You want to keep yours, you'll stop thinking about knitting booties and start serving customers. You can start with the one who just sat down at the booth,"

She sighed "Alright, alright. I'm going. I'll be back in a minute Wade,"

Quinn sat down in the booth as the waitress made her way over to him. "Hi," she smiled "What can I get you,"

"A mega cheeseburger, curly fries and a coke please,"

"Sure. It won't be long," she smiled.

"Thanks.." he looked from her face down to her name badge "Clarissa,"

"God he's gorgeous," Clarissa whispered to Wade as she made her way back over to the counter.

"Who?"

"The guy in the booth,"

Wade turned in her seat but couldn't see him from the angle she was at. "I'll have to take your word for that," Wade grinned.

"Mmmmh I wonder if he's single?"

"Well your not," Wade pointed out.

"A girl can look can't she! Besides I was thinking more for you than me,"

Wade sighed and shook her head. "I don't need fixing up – okkkay,"

"Oh come on Wade. A man's probably the one thing you could do with right now,"

"I've just had a baby Rissa. A man's the last thing I could do with right now, " Wade told her in no uncertain terms.

"Well. I'm really busy here making up his order, so your going to have to take his coke over to him," she grinned "Aren't you,"

Wade pulled a face as Clarissa handed her the drink "God. If I do this will it get you off my back,"

"Maybe,"

"Ok," Wade sighed taking the drink over to him.

"There you go sir," she said politely only looking up at him when he said.

"WADE!"

Chapter 5

Author's note: Thanks to everyone for all the positive feedback I've gotten.

"WADE," Quinn's voice echoed for a second time.

Wade tried to speak but nothing came out! She stumbled back away from the booth as Quinn got up off his seat.

"Wade," he called again cautiously approaching her. A hundred thousand emotions were what he was experiencing right now. He was happy, sad, excited and relieved all at the same time.

Wade however just felt sick! She didn't think seeing Quinn again would do that, but it did. She knew the very second she saw him that he was her Quinn, the one she started with. He too knew she was his Wade the moment he saw her. It was strange but they knew each other the moment their eyes met.

"Wade," he softly said as he came closer "Wade honey,"

"Don't call me that!" she cried trying hard to fight back her emotions. By now she had backed up so far she was standing back at the counter.

"Wade are you alright?" Clarissa asked concerned.

"Y.. Yeah," she stammered. She looked up at Clarissa and then down at her son soundly sleeping in his pram. Quinn noticed the child the moment Wade's eyes fell upon him.

"Wade," he started warily, unsure whether or not he wanted to be asking this. "The baby?"

"He's mine," she answered coolly.

Quinn looked into the pram and smiled down at the baby inside. Then something caught his eye as the child woke from his sleep. Wade's son had the most beautiful piercing blue eyes, exactly like he had.

"He's.. he's mine isn't he?" Quinn stammered.

Wade didn't answer. "I've got to go," she told Clarissa "I'll see you later,"

Wade was making her way out the door by the time Quinn had managed to snap back to reality. This was unbelievable he thought to himself. Wade was here! After all this time apart, he had finally found her. And she wasn't alone. She had a baby! His baby! Well his double's actually. But that didn't matter. This was his son, part of him and Wade. He made his mind up there and then that he had to fight for her. So he made his way after her.

"Wade wait!"

"Leave me alone Quinn," she snapped as he caught up with her. She could barely control her emotions. And all she really wanted to do right now was to fall into his arms. But he didn't want her that way, so she kept her stony composure.

"No wait please," he begged "Talk to me,"

She shook her head. No seeing him, that hurt too much. "No Quinn I can't," she began to walk away, but his raised voice stopped her. "You at least owe me that,"

She spun round fast "I owe you!" she repeated in disbelief.

"You left me for me!" he cried in a slightly over the top manner. "You didn't even say goodbye. You just left me,"

"I may have left you Quinn," she told him, voice raised as she came back towards him "But you had been gone long before that!"

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"You pushed me out Quinn. When I needed you the most, you were off chasing after a long legged, balloon breasted bimbo like some hormonal schoolboy who'd just discovered sex! How is Maggie by the way?"

"We broke up months ago," he told her "She stayed on a world with her husbands double,"

"Sorry it didn't work out for you," she answered rather civilised.

Quinn gave her a rather bemused look. "No your not,"

"No! Your right I'm not," She turned herself and the pram on it's heals and began to walk away again.

Quinn grabbed her arm forcing her to turn round and look at him. "Wade please, just half an hour. If you still hate me after that. I promise I'll never bother you again,"

Chapter Six

Wade let Quinn and herself into her apartment. "Nice place," Quinn said looking around Wade's tiny home.

"No it's not," she answered coldly "It's a hell hole! The place is way too small. My living room is also mine and my baby's bedroom, the bathrooms so tiny that you couldn't even swing a cat in it,"

"Well apart from that!" Quinn smiled weakly. He was trying. But Wade however just seemed to be biting.

"I'm sorry," Wade sighed apologising "It's just I'm so tired and all. He keeps me up all night long, and I'm new at all this. I don't think I'm cut out to be a mom,"

Quinn smiled "Are you kidding me! I can't think of anyone more perfect for the role,"

Wade looked away from him as he continued to stare at her intently. "I'll make us a drink,"

He followed her into the kitchen area, watching her just as closely as she filled the kettle. "So where's me? The other me I mean,"

"He's gone," Wade answered. "He left me,"

"Why?" Quinn asked walking up behind her.

Wade looked up at him sadly. "I wouldn't have an abortion so he slid without me,"

"Son of a…."

"Oh I've called him worse," Wade laughed softly.

"So he's never seen…" he gestured, not knowing the baby's name.

"Quinn. No, I figured after offering to pay for a termination he would rather have nothing to do with him,"

"You named him Quinn," he answered smiling softly, tears forming in his eyes.

Wade nodded "Quinn Rembrandt Maxamillion Welles. He was all I had left to remember you,"

Quinn's eyes began filling with tears. "Quinn?"

"I'm sorry Wade," he sniffed rubbing his eyes on his shirt "It's just I've missed you so much and I can never forgive myself for hurting like I did,"

Wade looked up at him intently and sighed. After all this time and after everything that had passed between them, he was still able to get to her like this! He was still able to make her heart melt when she was trying so hard to keep her cool exterior. "What do you want from me Quinn?" she asked.

He looked at her unable to answer. "Do you want me to say that it's all all right? That all those months you were pushing me aside making me feel so unwanted are forgotten. How it was easy watching the man I was in love with fall for someone else. Tell me Quinn is that what you want to here?"

"No," he stood closer behind her, so close she could feel his body pressing up against hers. He draped his arms over her shoulders and pulled her close. "Wade please," he whispered in a desperate plea "I know I screwed up. I screwed up royally. But losing you made me see you properly for the first time, I love you! I love you more than I've ever loved any other women. I don't want to lose you again,"

Wade pulled out of his embrace and stared up at him. "So what! Now that Maggie's ditched you I'm in with a chance, is that it?"

"NO, It's not like that," Quinn yelled out frustrated.

Quinn's frustration had woken up the baby "You know what Quinn, I don't want Maggie sloppy seconds," She began to walk away from him, but he grabbed her arm. God! How the hell could he make this women understand? Understand how in love with her he was. How crazy she drove him without even trying. He swung Wade around to meet him face to face and kissed her with all the passion he possessed.

Wade pulled out of the embrace, she looked at him slightly confused. They stood staring at each other, Quinn's hands still firmly on her waist. He was waiting for a slap. He had even prepared himself for it. But it never came. Instead Wade grabbed the back of his head and kissed him hard. He returned her passion just as intensely as they made there way from the kitchen into Wade's living room. They began pulling at each other's clothing, trying to free themselves of it. As they fell onto the foldout coach, neither one of them wanted this moment to end.

Chapter Seven

Quinn felt content. For the first time in a long while he felt peace!

He looked down at a sleeping Wade in his arms and woke her with a gentle kiss. "Hey beautiful,"

She woke rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Your still here," she observed with some amazement.

"Of course I am," he grinned, "Why wouldn't I be?"

"It's just I've lay in your arms a hundred thousand times, but this time you were still with me when I woke up," she smiled sadly.

"And from now on I'm going to be here with you every time you wake up. I promise," he said softly kissing her forehead.

Wade gave Quinn a sad smile "Do you really think we can make this work? You, me and the baby,"

"I don't see why not," he answered nuzzling her neck with his lips. "We love each other, that's all that matters," he grew serious. "Wade I lost you once before, my heart couldn't bear it a second time,"

"Then it better not happen had it,"

The baby's crying pulled Quinn and Wade from their silent contentment. Wade started to get up but Quinn put his hand on her shoulder "Let me," he smiled, rising from behind her.

He got up from the sofa bed, pulled on his boxers and made his way over to the small cot on the other side of the room. "Hey son," Quinn whispered soothingly at his child. He picked him up and made his way back over to the bed where Wade lay.

"Are you sure you want this?" Wade asked as Quinn sat back on the bed with her. "It's a lot to take on, a ready made family,"

"My family," he informed her "He's my son Wade. Not just by blood. I love him. I love him because he's part of you and me,"

Wade smiled despite tears. "Hey," Quinn soothed noticing her distress, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," she cried softly, "It's just… It's just your amazing," she grinned, "I left without saying goodbye, yet you came looking for me, then after another man gets me pregnant, you still stand by me,"

"Why wouldn't I?" he asked "Wade there were two of us to blame, it wasn't just you, I hurt you when you needed me the most. That's something I can never forgive myself for. My other self may have fathered him, but he's still mine,"

Wade said nothing, she just kissed him.
As the weeks went by Quinn and Wade settled into 'family life'. Quinn began working at the local high school teaching science. He and Wade moved into a slightly larger apartment and let Remmie take over the Wade's apartment.

Remmie had been more than shocked to see Wade. Delighted of course, but shocked. They had a tearful reunion, which was where Wade introduced Remmie to his new nephew. He doted on that boy as if he was his own.

Quinn and Wade had had Rembrandt over for dinner one night. They were celebrating the fact that Remmie had gotten himself a job. They had four months left on the timer and Rem had gotten himself a job as a singer in an uptown nightclub.

After Quinn said goodbye and saw Remmie out, he made his way back into the kitchen to find Wade clearing up the dishes. He came up behind her and grabbed her affectionately around the waist. She squealed lightly with delight and turned into his arms.

She rewarded him with a kiss. "What are you after?" she grinned mischievously.

"Mmmmh, I think you have a good idea what I'm after," he answered giving her a wicked grin. He picked her up and placed her on the counter top.

"Wade there's something I need to tell you?"

She looked at him slightly worried "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," he answered reassuringly "I didn't mean to scare you sweetheart," he shook his head "I may have found away home!"

Chapter Eight

Home!

Quinn said that there's a way home.

"Home!" Wade's face lit up "Were going home?"

He lifted her off the countertop and held her in his arms "I said there maybe a way home," he placed her down on the ground, but kept his arms around her waist. "It's not certain yet Wade. But there's a chance. A good chance," he grinned

"Why…I mean how?" she asked still reeling from the shock.

Quinn took her hand and led her to the couch. "Do you remember I told you how I set the timer to scan for your Quantum signature?"

She nodded as he pulled her down onto his lap. Wrapping his arms around her he carried on "Well, I've made a few more alterations to the timer and I think I've pin pointed the exact frequency needed to trace the quantum signature of our earth,"

"So when can we go?" she cried excitedly

"We have to wait four months,"

"Four months!" she sighed, slightly deflated.

Snuggling her closer to him Quinn kissed the top of her head "We have to wait for the next window of opportunity. If we don't we may decrease our chances of reaching home. We might not even get home. I can't guarantee it,"

"You'll get us home," Wade answered him as passionately as she kissed him "I know you, I know you can do it,"

"Are you sure you want to risk it?" Quinn asked "If we don't make it, were back to random sliding - with all the risks that come with it. And with a baby. QJ could get hurt,"

Wade thought about it for a moment, how badly did she want to go home. Enough to gamble with this chance.

"Quinn I want our son to grow up knowing his Grandparents. We have to give him and them the chance of that. If we don't find home we can always make a home on another world. As long as I'm with you I don't care where I am,"

Wade grinned as Quinn kissed her "Besides which, how can our son be in any danger when he has a father like you,"

"I don't know what you mean?"

"Quinn that kid wants for nothing. Your so devoted to him, always fussing," she grinned "Our boy couldn't be safer if we wrapped him in cotton wool, and that's because he has a wonderful father,"

"And mother," Quinn added seriously.

"Have you told Remmie yet?"

"No, I wanted to run it past you first,"

"Home Quinn," Wade squealed excitedly "Home,"

Quinn laughed "Shh, you'll wake QJ," He pulled her tightly against him and they sat in silent contentment for a while. "Wade can I asked you something?"

"Hhmmm," she sighed softly, enjoying his intimate embrace "Sure, what is it?"

Quinn swallowed hard. 'God I hope I get the answer I want,' he thought.

Finally he mustered up the courage to finally ask.

"Wade when we get home, will you marry me?"
Quinn sat at the desk in the spare bedroom. Well not exactly spare. They had intended for it to be QJ's bedroom. For the moment he was sleeping in his cot in their room. Quinn had started work on a nursery, but now that they were leaving there seemed no point. He'd decorate a nursery on another world preferably one at home.

QJ was growing so fast. That was Wade's new nickname for him. Quinn Junior. Quinn liked it. They had thought of nicknaming him QR because his first middle name was Rembrandt, but QR had been the name of one of Quinn's doubles and what happened to him put them off the idea straight away.

A knock at the door broke Quinn's trail of thought and he heard Wade talking to Rembrandt as they came into the living room.

"Hey Qball," Remmie called out to him as he joined them "You ready man?"

"A few more minutes Cryin' Man," Quinn told him "And were home… All being well," he added.

"Remmie," Wade spoke from behind him with QJ in her arms. "Quinn has something to ask you," she smiled coyly at Quinn

Quinn smiled lovingly back at her and then focused his attention back to his friend "How do you feel about being my best man when we get home?"

A large grin spread across Remmie's face "You mean you guys are getting married?"

Wade nodded. "Sweetheart," he kissed her cheek "I'm so happy for you both. It's about time Quinn. If you'd taken any longer I'd have asked for you myself,"

"Very funny Remmie," Quinn smirked

The timer began to beep and a beautiful blue whirlpool appeared upon the far wall. Remmie took one glance back at Quinn and Wade and jumped.

Quinn turned to Wade who had tears in her eyes. "Hey what's wrong? He asked concerned as he took QJ from her.

"It's nothing, it's just it's been a while. I forgot how beautiful the vortex was,"

"Well hopefully it'll be a while till you see your next one," he told her seriously "Come on. The sooner we go, the sooner I can make you Mrs Mallory,"

Wade grinned as they jumped into the unknown, hoping that it would lead them home.

Authors note: Ok, this is the end of the story. I hope you liked it. I decided to write a sequel to Second Chances because I hated the way Wade was hardly ever mentioned during the fourth season (especially by Quinn who was supposed to be her best friend). I also hated how they were turning Quinn and Maggie's relationship into what he had with Wade. Ok how I'm going to stop moaning. (Hopefully it's out of my system)

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 02-07, 19:11 
Site Admin

Выделила здесь главы, чтобы удобнее было читать. В следующий раз тоже делай так.

Ну и как тебе сиквел?

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 02-07, 22:02 

Щас дочку спать положу и почитаю, а то она за руку дергает и отвлекает. Но мне ТАК интересно, ты меня заинтриговала.

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 03-07, 00:01 

Ну что ж...
Как мы и обсуждали уже, если бы Квинн и Уейд серьезно закрутил любовь в сериале, получилось бы почти то же самое.

Это только состороны так кажется, что беременной легко - пузо вперед и все дела.
Я тоже раньше так думала.
Но как только ты узнаешь, что беременна, моментально включаются всевозможные стопсигналы.
Инстинкт самосохранения.

Уейд не могла бы скользить ни на первом, ни на третьем, ни на всех последующих месяцах беременности.

Касаемо двойника Квинна... Я тут подумала, что у Квинна и хороших двойников-то не было, ну не считая "мага". Так что я не удивляюсь.
Квинны всех миров больше всего на свете любили скользить. И этот не исключение. Как только он понял, что такой жизни наступил конец, он сделал ноги.

Ну и реакция "нашего" Квинна тоже вполне естественна. Уж если он влюблен, то расшибется в лепешку. Помнишь его первую любовь, которую он как-то встретил аж в трех мирах?

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 03-07, 22:36 
Site Admin

Цитата:
Касаемо двойника Квинна... Я тут подумала, что у Квинна и хороших двойников-то не было, ну не считая "мага". Так что я не удивляюсь.
Квинны всех миров больше всего на свете любили скользить. И этот не исключение. Как только он понял, что такой жизни наступил конец, он сделал ноги.

Это так. С самого начала было видно, что он независим еще более, нежели наш Квин. Наш Квин тоже любит скользить, но он еще умеет нести ответственность - по крайней мере, до всей этой чепухи 4-го сезона. А этот... Ведь Уэйд был дан намек: если он оставил свою жену, то неужели она думала, что с ней у него все продлится дольше?

Я понимаю ее, ей очень хотелось быть любимой, но иногда чувство одиночество заставляет принимать решения, которые еще больше усугубляют ситуацию. Так у нее был хотя бы Ремми, а после этой авантюры она осталась одна с ребенком на руках.

Ну а тот двойник сделал ноги совсем уж некрасиво - хотя бы отвез ее в родной ему мир, он же умел управлять скольжением. Там бы Уэйд хоть была бы под присмотром его матери, не без средств к существованию. Но это уж воля автора, до каких пор усугубить его увиливание от ответственности.

Цитата:
Но как только ты узнаешь, что беременна, моментально включаются всевозможные стопсигналы.
Инстинкт самосохранения.

Уейд не могла бы скользить ни на первом, ни на третьем, ни на всех последующих месяцах беременности.

Согласна. Я хоть пока и не была беременна, но меня всегда удивляло в фанфах, когда их авторы делали Уэйд скользящей чуть ли не на 5-м месяце! Это при их-то приземлениях!

Цитата:
Ну и реакция "нашего" Квинна тоже вполне естественна. Уж если он влюблен, то расшибется в лепешку. Помнишь его первую любовь, которую он как-то встретил аж в трех мирах?

Это точно. Коли уж наш Кьюша влюбился по-настоящему, он своего добьется. И то, что он принял ребенка, тоже выглядит вполне естественным - его ж вина отчасти. Вот только мне кажется, как-то быстро Уэйд сдалась...

В любом случае, фанф мне нравится (и сиквел, и приквел). Только вот в недоумении я - как это они решили рисковать с ребенком на руках и скользить снова? Вдруг опять не попадут домой?

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 04-07, 00:25 

Цитата:
как это они решили рисковать с ребенком на руках и скользить снова? Вдруг опять не попадут домой?

В принципе, если воспользоваться слингом - такая штучка, рюкзачек для переноски малышей, их еще кенгурушками называют, так вот, с ним было бы безопасней, только ребенка надо не на перед пристегивать, а как африканцы делают - к спине. Они ж вылетают из вортекса не спиной, а передом, так вероятность травмировать дитё уменьшается.

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 04-07, 18:48 
Site Admin

Все равно - опасно.

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 04-07, 20:05 

Зачем писать такой заезжанный сюжет (и кино, и жизнью) - "Она залетела, он улетел"...
Правду говорят, плохо у фанфикописцев с оригинальным мышлением!

Заголовок сообщения:
СообщениеДобавлено: 04-07, 21:58 
Site Admin

Ну хорошо, а ты бы про что написала? Что в твоем понимании "не заезжено"? Хотя бы пару идей пунктиром? Критиковать легко...

Часовой пояс: UTC + 3 часа